One of the more fatuous arguments Obama’s acolytes are repeating in favor of this abhorrent debt ceiling deal is that cuts to Medicare will be taken out of payments to providers, as if this somehow has no effect on people on Medicare. Here’s a clue for you: Doctors don’t have to accept Medicare, and the number of those who don’t grows every year. In some states, little more than a third of primary care physicians accept new Medicare patients. If you slash their payments — already at less than 80% of what private insurers pay — do you think that number will go up or down?
- RT @mkraju: CNN POLL Presidential Approval Rating Dec of First Year Bush, 2001 86% Kennedy, 1961 77% Bush, 1989 71% Eis… 1 month ago
- RT @paulkrugman: Susan Collins says she's concerned about deficits, and that's why she's voting for the tax bill. I'm watching my weight, a… 1 month ago
- RT @XplodingUnicorn: Grandma: How are you so cute? 5-year-old: I took a bath this week. 1 month ago
- RT @VersoBooks: 20% of the poorest people in the UK don't have access to the internet at home. The consequences of this digital deprivation… 3 months ago
- RT @MattOswaltVA: Trumps thoughts on: Obama - disaster Paris - shithole White House - dump Boy Scouts - liars Neo-Nazi rally - many sides t… 5 months ago