One of the more fatuous arguments Obama’s acolytes are repeating in favor of this abhorrent debt ceiling deal is that cuts to Medicare will be taken out of payments to providers, as if this somehow has no effect on people on Medicare. Here’s a clue for you: Doctors don’t have to accept Medicare, and the number of those who don’t grows every year. In some states, little more than a third of primary care physicians accept new Medicare patients. If you slash their payments — already at less than 80% of what private insurers pay — do you think that number will go up or down?
- RT @adamjohnsonNYC: good thing we don't have govt-controlled media in this country https://t.co/fLkt9lQZa6 1 month ago
- RT @RoKhannaUSA: @samsteinhp @humanistreport @winniewong DNC members who voted for lobbyist money should resign. It's morally blind and ton… 2 months ago
- RT @imgur: The Trump Handshake. imgur.com/gallery/2ah2Z https://t.co/nFQD4rJzir 3 months ago
- RT @ChrisWarcraft: So many people saying "appears to violate the law" or "looks to be a crime" - wake me up when you're done equivocating. 3 months ago
- RT @THEsaragilbert: RT @JM_Finn @THEsaragilbert Just saw this on Facebook. I believe it. https://t.co/irml7mERHU 3 months ago